Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- REPAIRS TO PARISH BENCHES
- REPAIRS TO PARISH BENCHESPosted 2 days ago
The Community Council is looking for someone to repair and paint our benches.
Details from Anita Evans, Clerk - email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01559 384266
- Eisteddfod winner takes home piece of village | Carmarthen Journal
- Eisteddfod winner takes home piece of village | Carmarthen J…Posted 21 days ago
Eisteddfod winner takes home piece of village | Carmarthen Journal.
- No decision yet on toilet closures | Carmarthen Journal
- No decision yet on toilet closures | Carmarthen JournalPosted 35 days ago
No decision yet on toilet closures | Carmarthen Journal.
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 38 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
As from March 2014 we meet on the THIRD Monday in the…
- <!–:en–>Horticultural Show<!–:–><!–:cy–>Sioe Arddwriaethol<!–:–>
- Horticultural ShowPosted 41 days ago
This is just a reminder to all gardeners that we are holding the Horticultural show as usual later in the year, so now is the time to get busy sowing…