Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Bee Friendly Carmarthen<!–:–>
- Bee Friendly CarmarthenPosted 7 days ago
We are launching a new project to make Carmarthen an official Bee Friendly town.
In September the Welsh Government launched a new nationwide scheme for towns, communities, schools, businesses, universities, public…
- <!–:en–>Letters to the Editor<!–:–><!–:cy–>Llythyron i'r Golygydd<!–:–>
- Letters to the EditorPosted 7 days ago
I would like to say what a wonderful day we all had on Carnival Saturday. The sun shone all day, it was warm and relatively wind free; the crowds…
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 7 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
The next meeting will be on Monday 21st November at 7:30 pm, in the Pavilion.…
- <!–:en–>Next Event Local History Club<!–:–><!–:cy–>Digwyddiad Nesaf Clwb Hanes Lleol<!–:–>
- Next Event Local History ClubPosted 7 days ago
Local History Club
The Llanfihangel-ar-arth and Parish Local History Club has once again organised a series of presentations on historical topics. The first two are as follows -
On October 6th Calvin…
- Welsh couple featured on George Clarke’s The Restoration Man finish their eco home after SIX years – Wales Online
- Welsh couple featured on George Clarke’s The Restoration Man…Posted 63 days ago
Welsh couple featured on George Clarke's The Restoration Man finish their eco home after SIX years - Wales Online.