Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- Deian Davies named as Pencader B4459 crash death victim – BBC News
- Deian Davies named as Pencader B4459 crash death victim – BB…Posted 2 days ago
Deian Davies named as Pencader B4459 crash death victim - BBC News.
- Residents will have to live with ‘very unpleasant’ views of a giant wind turbine
- Residents will have to live with ‘very unpleasant’ views of …Posted 11 days ago
Residents will have to live with 'very unpleasant' views of a giant wind turbine
- Pencader Women’s Institute
- Pencader Women’s InstitutePosted 25 days ago
We have thoroughly enjoyed the last few meetings. May’s visit to the National Botanic Garden of Wales was most interesting and the afternoon tea at Wrights Food Emporium, Llanarthne, was…
- <!–:en–>Garden and Crafts Show<!–:–><!–:cy–>Sioe Arddio a Chrefftau<!–:–>
- Garden and Crafts ShowPosted 25 days ago
Calling all Gardeners, Crafters, Cooks and Artists
Why not enter the 'Garden and Craft Show' which is being held in the
Pavilion, Pencader on Saturday, 22nd of August?
There are lots of different…
- <!–:en–>PARISH PUMP<!–:–><!–:cy–>BWRW BOL!<!–:–>
- PARISH PUMPPosted 26 days ago
Well – it is down! I refer to the Cwmgwen chestnut tree, cut down in June and softly lain upon it side in a very neat and tidy fashion.…