Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Notes from the Garden Shed<!–:–><!–:cy–>Nodion o Sied yr Ardd<!–:–>
- Notes from the Garden ShedPosted 4 days ago
The season of 'mellow fruitfulness' is now behind us which means we are now facing the season for 'having a good old tidy up' in the garden, before the onset…
- <!–:en–>Pencader War Memorial<!–:–><!–:cy–>Cofgolofn Pencader<!–:–>
- Pencader War MemorialPosted 4 days ago
To mark the beginning of World War 1, this is a series about the men from the Parish who died in that war. Most are commemorated on the War Memorial…
- <!–:en–>Next Event Local History Club<!–:–><!–:cy–>Digwyddiad Nesaf Clwb Hanes Lleol<!–:–>
- Next Event Local History ClubPosted 4 days ago
The next two talks are as follows –
December 4th – Mr Martin Griffiths will speak (inWelsh) on the History of the Calan Hen tradition in Llandysul and District.
January 22nd – Dr…
- <!–:en–>Letters to the Editor<!–:–><!–:cy–>Llythyron i'r Golygydd<!–:–>
- Letters to the EditorPosted 4 days ago
Cais am gymorth
Sgwn i a fyddech yn gallu fy helpu. Hoffwn i blant a myfyrwyr Ysgol Gymraeg yr Andes Trevelin ac Esquel ddod i adnabod pentrefi, trefi a…
- <!–:en–>PARISH PUMP<!–:–><!–:cy–>BWRW BOL!<!–:–>
- PARISH PUMPPosted 6 days ago
Decline of a tree - Several may have noticed in the past three years as they traversed Cwmgwen Bridge and looked into the field, the failing health of the…