Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Old School on the Restoration Man<!–:–><!–:cy–>Hen Ysgol ar y Dyn Adfer<!–:–>
- Old School on The Restoration ManPosted 20 days ago
Channel 4's The Restoration Man returns to follow Ian and Jayne's story of the rebuilding of the Old School, Pencader and its transformation into an ECO building centre in a…
- <!–:en–>Get Active in Carmarthenshire! FREE Open Day<!–:–><!–:cy–>Bod yn Egnïol yn Sir Gaerfyrddin!<!–:–>
- Get Active in Carmarthenshire! FREE Open DayPosted 24 days ago
22ND MARCH 2015 – 10AM TIL 3PM
LLANDYSUL PADDLERS CANOE CENTRE
Get Active in Carmarthenshire!
All ages and abilities welcome, no experience necessary.
Have a go at Canoeing or Kayaking with qualified instructors, then…
- <!–:en–>Next Event Local History Club<!–:–><!–:cy–>Digwyddiad Nesaf Clwb Hanes Lleol<!–:–>
- Next Event Local History ClubPosted 32 days ago
Local History Club
The next two talks are as follows –
February 19th – Iwan Evans, Talgarreg, will talk (in Welsh) on Iwan’s Diaries 1959 – 1969.
March 19th – Mr Rob Phillips…
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group – Chairman's Report 2014<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad – Adroddiad y Cadeirydd 2014<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group – Chairman’s Report 2014Posted 33 days ago
The year commenced with the group staging a most spectacular party to commemorate my 80th birthday by combining it with a fund raising event for the Aphrodite Appeal (formerly Helen’s…
- <!–:en–>Notes from the Garden Shed<!–:–><!–:cy–>Nodion o Sied yr Ardd<!–:–>
- Notes from the Garden ShedPosted 34 days ago
Now that Christmas is well behind us and most of our gardens are dormant, there is no excuse for gardeners to become dormant as well!
This season of dormancy is ideal…