Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Wind Turbine will affect TV reception<!–:–><!–:cy–>Wind Turbine will affect TV reception<!–:–>
- Wind Turbine will affect TV receptionPosted 1 day ago
The new 67m high, 500kW ‘Wern’ wind turbine will soon be erected about one mile from Pencader, overlooking Cwm Tyweli,.
A report has been published in planning application W/32909 which shows…
- <!–:en–>Sponsored walk for Skanda Vale Hospice<!–:–><!–:cy–>Sponsored walk for Skanda Vale Hospice<!–:–>
- Sponsored walk for Skanda Vale HospicePosted 14 days ago
JOIN US FOR A BEAUTIFUL COASTAL FOOTPATH WALK IN PEMBROKESHIRE!
On Bank Holiday Monday 30th May 2016, around 60 families and friends will join us for a sponsored coastal footpath walk,…
- <!–:en–>Knit an Elephant Campaign<!–:–><!–:cy–>Knit an Elephant Campaign<!–:–>
- Knit an Elephant CampaignPosted 14 days ago
Do you love knitting? Fancy a new project? Try your hand at knitting one of these cute little woolly elephants, and help raise funds for our new hospice.
Skanda Vale Hospice…
- <!–:en–>Next Event Local History Club<!–:–><!–:cy–>Digwyddiad Nesaf Clwb Hanes Lleol<!–:–>
- Next Event Local History ClubPosted 16 days ago
Local History Club
The next two talks organised by the Llanfihangel-ar-arth and Parish Local History Club are as follows –
April 21st Mr Aneurin Evans – Life at the rear end of…
- <!–:en–>Pencader Clean Up Spring 2016<!–:–><!–:cy–>Glanhau Pencader Gwanwyn 2016<!–:–>
- Pencader Clean Up Spring 2016Posted 17 days ago
In keeping with the rest of the UK and the campaign to “Clean for the Queen”, the Group’s spring clean up was held a bit earlier this year.
Thirteen volunteers came…