Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Pencader Carnival<!–:–><!–:cy–>Carnifal Pencader<!–:–>
- Pencader CarnivalPosted 7 days ago
With very much appreciated support from our community we are proud to announce that Pencader Carnival is back with a Bang. Fun and games for all the family to enjoy.
- <!–:en–>Pencader Women’s Institute<!–:–><!–:cy–>Sefydliad y Merched Pencader<!–:–>
- Merched y Wawr Pencader a’r CylchPosted 7 days ago
In our meeting in March at Gwyddgrug Chapel Vestry Euros Lewis Felinfach told us the sad Story of Epynt. Yvonne Griffiths thanked Euros for a most intriguing presentation.
On Friday April…
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 7 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
The next meeting will be on Monday 18th July at 7:30 pm, in…
- <!–:en–>Next Event Local History Club<!–:–><!–:cy–>Digwyddiad Nesaf Clwb Hanes Lleol<!–:–>
- Next Event Local History ClubPosted 7 days ago
Local History Club
The last talk arranged for this term by the Llanfihangel-ar-arth and Parish Local History Club will be held on Thursday June 16th at 7.30pm in Neuadd yr Ysgol,…
- <!–:en–>Notes from the Garden Shed<!–:–><!–:cy–>Nodion o Sied yr Ardd<!–:–>
- Notes from the Garden ShedPosted 9 days ago
Now that we are well into the " merry month of May " the vegetable garden should be progressing nicely, but again this year we are having a late…