Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- Pencader Waste & Tyre Amnesty
- Pencader Waste & Tyre AmnestyPosted 11 days ago
- <!–:en–>PARISH PUMP<!–:–><!–:cy–>BWRW BOL!<!–:–>
- PARISH PUMPPosted 11 days ago
So here we are - the start of another year and another Parish Pump, which to be perfectly frank I did not expect to write. Our thanks go to…
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group – Chairman's Report 2014<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad – Adroddiad y Cadeirydd 2014<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group – Chairman’s Report 2015Posted 11 days ago
Last year’s report struck me as rather long winded – not so this year’s!
Hopefully we will have been given copies of the Group’s Annual Accounts to 31st March 2014, signed…
- <!–:en–>Notes from the Garden Shed<!–:–><!–:cy–>Nodion o Sied yr Ardd<!–:–>
- Notes from the Garden ShedPosted 11 days ago
Well, what a wet period we have had over the past few weeks, my garden is absolutely saturated , with water lying in places, I am sure a lot…
- <!–:en–>Next Event Local History Club<!–:–><!–:cy–>Digwyddiad Nesaf Clwb Hanes Lleol<!–:–>
- Next Event Local History ClubPosted 11 days ago
Local History Club
Each month from now on there will be an open session with an invited speaker. These events will be held in Neuadd yr Ysgol, Llanfihangel at 7:30pm. Admission…