Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- Welsh couple featured on George Clarke’s The Restoration Man finish their eco home after SIX years – Wales Online
- Welsh couple featured on George Clarke’s The Restoration Man…Posted 6 days ago
Welsh couple featured on George Clarke's The Restoration Man finish their eco home after SIX years - Wales Online.
- <!–:en–>Pencader Women’s Institute<!–:–><!–:cy–>Sefydliad y Merched Pencader<!–:–>
- Merched y Wawr Pencader a’r CylchPosted 16 days ago
Merched y Wawr Pencader a’r Cylch on their recent visit to the Mint in Llantrisant when we all had an enjoyable day learning about the history of the mint as…
- <!–:en–>PARISH PUMP<!–:–><!–:cy–>BWRW BOL!<!–:–>
- PARISH PUMPPosted 16 days ago
Speed Humps for Class A Roads
The Highways (Road Humps) Regulations 1999 (Statutory Instrument 1999 No 1025) applies to both those in New Inn and Alltwalis, where the prescribed height…
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 16 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
The next meeting will be on Monday 15th August at 7:30 pm, in…
- <!–:en–>Notes from the Garden Shed<!–:–><!–:cy–>Nodion o Sied yr Ardd<!–:–>
- Notes from the Garden ShedPosted 17 days ago
Mid to late Summer is normally the time of year when roses are at their best, the majority of gardens include at least one of these versatile plants, be…