Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>NEW EDITOR FOR CLECS BRO CADER<!–:–><!–:cy–>GOLYGYDD NEWYDD I ‘CLECS BRO CADER’<!–:–>
- NEW EDITOR FOR CLECS BRO CADERPosted 41 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Editor for Clecs Bro Cader, the highly valued and appreciated bilingual Community Newsletter for Pencader and District as from December 2015.
- <!–:en–>News from the Powerhouse Community and Arts Centre<!–:–><!–:cy–>Newyddion o’r Pwerdy Canolfan Gymunedol a Chelfyddydau<!–:–>
- News from the Powerhouse Community and Arts C…Posted 51 days ago
Sitting on the banks of the River Teifi, in Pont- Tyweli, just over the river from Llandysul is the Pwerdy–Powerhouse Community and Arts Centre. The Pwerdy–Powerhouse was restored for use…
- <!–:en–>Notes from the Garden Shed<!–:–><!–:cy–>Nodion o Sied yr Ardd<!–:–>
- Notes from the Garden ShedPosted 51 days ago
It should be safe now for all those ‘fair weather gardeners’ to emerge from the sanctuary of their garden sheds, in most regions of the country! Longer days and…
- <!–:en–>Next Event Local History Club<!–:–><!–:cy–>Digwyddiad Nesaf Clwb Hanes Lleol<!–:–>
- Next Event Local History ClubPosted 51 days ago
Local History Club
On June 18th the Rev Ken Llwyd, Talgarreg, will discuss (in Welsh) the history of Mr D Jacob Davies.
The annual trip will take place on Saturday July 11th.
- <!–:en–>PARISH PUMP<!–:–><!–:cy–>BWRW BOL!<!–:–>
- PARISH PUMPPosted 54 days ago
A lot of time, discussion and work has gone into sourcing and creating this area for the community by Cllr Linda Evans, the Community Council and Carmarthen County…