Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Côr Blimey<!–:–><!–:cy–>Côr Blimey<!–:–>
- Côr BlimeyPosted 13 days ago
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT SINGING?
We’re a group of enthusiastic people of differing abilities and ages who meet each week to sing in a community choir. Under the guidance of talented…
- <!–:en–>Pencader Waste & Tyre Amnesty<!–:–><!–:cy–>Amnest Teiars a Gwastraff Pencader<!–:–>
- Pencader Waste & Tyre AmnestyPosted 14 days ago
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 15 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
The next meeting will be on Monday 20th June at 7:30 pm, in…
- <!–:en–>Historical Walks<!–:–><!–:cy–>Teithiau Cerdded Hanesyddol<!–:–>
- Historical WalksPosted 16 days ago
Have you ever wanted to see a Norman castle, a Roman road, an Iron Age hillfort or a Bronze Age burial site? Or perhaps you would like to know about…
- <!–:en–>Wind Turbine will affect TV reception<!–:–><!–:cy–>Wind Turbine will affect TV reception<!–:–>
- Wind Turbine will affect TV receptionPosted 28 days ago
The new 67m high, 500kW ‘Wern’ wind turbine will soon be erected about one mile from Pencader, overlooking Cwm Tyweli,.
A report has been published in planning application W/32909 which shows…