Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- <!–:en–>Village Clean Up<!–:–><!–:cy–>Glanhau’r Pentref<!–:–>
- Village Clean UpPosted 31 days ago
The date for the next Village Clean Up will be Saturday 11th October.
This took place on Saturday April 12th, a dull but mild morning, devoid of rain. Seven adult volunteers…
- BBC News – Old Carmarthenshire school transformed into green showcase
- BBC News – Old Carmarthenshire school transformed into green…Posted 33 days ago
BBC News - Old Carmarthenshire school transformed into green showcase.
- New bus route created as part of new timetable | Carmarthen Journal
- New bus route created as part of new timetable | Carmarthen …Posted 33 days ago
New bus route created as part of new timetable | Carmarthen Journal.
- Community Show
- Community ShowPosted 33 days ago
- <!–:en–>Pencader War Memorial<!–:–><!–:cy–>Cofgolofn Pencader<!–:–>
- Pencader War MemorialPosted 49 days ago
To mark the beginning of World War 1, this is the first in a short series about the men from the Parish who died in that war. Most are commemorated…