Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- Do you organise an event?
- Do you organise an event?Posted 2 days ago
Organising an event/trefnu digwyddiad
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 3 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
The next meeting will be on Monday 20th March at 7:30 pm, in the Pavilion.…
- <!–:en–>Pencader Improvement & Development Association<!–:–><!–:cy–>Cymdeithas Gwelliant A Datblygu Pencader<!–:–>
- Pencader Improvement & Development AssociationPosted 40 days ago
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
WED 8th Feb 7.00PM
AT THE PAVILION
This is your community please show an interest by coming along.
We need new and younger representation.
- <!–:en–>WI Centenary<!–:–><!–:cy–>WI Canmlwyddiant<!–:–>
- Pencader WIPosted 72 days ago
In September, we were visited by Gavin Evans from CarmarthenMuseum. He gave an interesting talk on Roman Carmarthen.
We were pleased to welcome Alice James, our local PCSO, to October's meeting.…
- <!–:en–>Pencader Carnival<!–:–><!–:cy–>Carnifal Pencader<!–:–>
- Pencader CarnivalPosted 73 days ago
We are delighted to inform you that we have a provisional date for next year's Carnival. Carnival day will fall on the first Saturday in August. Hopefully this will be…