Welcome to the Pencader and District website
The following pages give information about our parish including the villages of Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader.
Pencader and District is the area covered by the Llanfihangel-ar-Arth Community Council. It lies in the north of Carmarthenshire in West Wales. The river Teifi forms the northern boundary and the southern boundary lies just to the south of Nant Alltwalis (the Alltwalis stream). To the east lies the Brechfa forest and to the west Nant Gwyddil. Just over the boundary to the northeast is Llanllwni mountain.The area consists of farmland, small woods, hills rising to over 350 metres above sea level, rivers and streams. Most of the land drains north to the river Teifi but the area of Alltwalis is south of the watershed and the Nant Alltwalis runs down to the river Towy.
The main economy of the area is agriculture but there are also a number of small businesses. Some residents travel to work in nearby towns, for example, Carmarthen or Lampeter. The district includes 6 villages namely Alltwalis, Dolgran, Gwyddgrug, Llanfihangel-Ar-Arth, New Inn and Pencader. The majority of the population is Welsh speaking and the area has a rich history.
We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any comments please use the online form on the Contact page.
- Welsh Questions: steel – and the old man of Pencader – BBC News
- Welsh Questions: steel – and the old man of Pencader – BBC N…Posted 6 days ago
Welsh Questions: steel - and the old man of Pencader - BBC News.
- <!–:en–>NEW EDITOR FOR CLECS BRO CADER<!–:–><!–:cy–>GOLYGYDD NEWYDD I ‘CLECS BRO CADER’<!–:–>
- NEW EDITOR FOR CLECS BRO CADERPosted 34 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Editor for Clecs Bro Cader, the highly valued and appreciated bilingual Community Newsletter for Pencader and District as from December 2015.
- <!–:en–>Regeneration Group meeting<!–:–><!–:cy–>Grŵp Adfywiad Pencader a’r Cylch<!–:–>
- Regeneration Group meetingPosted 38 days ago
Could you support us?
The Pencader and District Regeneration Group is keen to have more people supporting its activities.
Our meetings take place on the THIRD Monday in the month in…
- Residents will have to live with ‘very unpleasant’ views of a giant wind turbine
- Residents will have to live with ‘very unpleasant’ views of …Posted 38 days ago
Residents will have to live with 'very unpleasant' views of a giant wind turbine
- <!–:en–>Pencader Improvement & Development Association<!–:–><!–:cy–>Cymdeithas Gwelliant A Datblygu Pencader<!–:–>
- Pencader Improvement & Development AssociationPosted 51 days ago
If anyone is interested in contributing ideas or wishing to help PIDA Committee to organise an event similar to last year’s, would you please come along to the next meeting to be…